You have questions, we have answers!
Table of Contents
- Preparing For Your Upcoming Event
- Payment & Finance
- Event Structure: Team Formation
- Platform & Technology
Preparing For Your Upcoming Event
How do I communicate with TeamBuilding before my event?
Respond to your Official Event Confirmation email from [email protected] with anything you need! We have a team of folks waiting to help.
As an organizer, is there anything else I need to do prior to our event?
Just knock out the items mentioned in your Official Event Confirmation email! A quick review:
- Send your team the calendar invite for the event! We recommend copy and pasting from our calendar invite into your own calendar invite to send to your team.
- Next, make sure that you and your team can access Zoom via the app or web browser.
- Be sure to gather any supplies needed for your specific event. Anything needed for your event will be listed in your calendar invite. If nothing is listed, then nothing needs to be done.
- Join the event link at your start time and have a great time with your host!
Will I need to do anything during my event?
Our events are formatted so that you as the organizer can participate and not have to worry about anything! Your host will open your Zoom room right at your event start time to greet you and your team, allow a few minutes for everyone to join, and then kick off the event. You get to sit back, relax, and enjoy.
Will I hear from TeamBuilding again before my event?
We will send an automated reminder email prior to your event to confirm all of the previously sent details. No response is needed to this email. If you have any outstanding questions or requests, please reply to your Official Event Confirmation email from [email protected]. We are happy to help!
What do I do if I’m expecting an RSVP change of five people or less?
No action needed! If a few additional team members join your event beyond the number of participants initially paid for, then we can send an invoice after your event.
What do I do if I’m expecting an RSVP change of more than five people?
Please send us an update at least two days prior to the event or as soon as possible. This notice is important for us to prepare for your event.
Does TeamBuilding need to know the names or email addresses of our participants?
No! This information is not needed. Your hosts will spend the first few minutes of the event getting to know you and your team members. Our job is to make an absolutely wonderful event for whoever logs on!
Have some questions about the agenda or a special request (ie: birthday shout out, announcing prizes for winning team, leadership remarks)?
We would love to include this request for your group! Please email us on your Official Event Confirmation email at [email protected] with your request at least two business days before your event.
Help! I need to change my event date/time!
Email us on your Official Event Confirmation email at [email protected] as soon as possible with your requested new date and/or time and we will review. Event changes within one week of your scheduled event date are not guaranteed and may be subject to a rescheduling fee (more details on this process can be found on the last page of your proposal). We understand things happen, schedules change, and some circumstances are out of all of our control. We will do our absolute best to accommodate you and your team so you can have a fantastic event!
Will there be a photo taken during my event? If so, when will I get it?
Yes! Our hosts will take a screenshot of your team at the end of your event and send it to you within one to three business days. Feel free to share the photo with your team to commemorate the day! We recommend printing, framing, and hanging the photo prominently in your office.
Can I find out who my host is before our event?
We have a pool of 75+ world-class hosts. Our events are staffed approximately two business days prior to your event based on our hosts’ changing schedules. We don’t always have this information available. You are in great hands with any of our hosts; all have performance backgrounds and are experts in engaging groups on Zoom.
Can we hang out on the Zoom after the event finishes to continue the fun?
We love that you want to keep the party going! Since each Zoom Room is linked with our host’s license, we have a couple of options for you:
- Complimentary: Your host can “usher” your team to your company’s virtual platform of choice. You set up an internal Zoom (or another platform) after-party, share that link with us, and at the conclusion of your TeamBuilding event, your host drops that link into the chat and facilitates folks hopping over there.
- We can officially extend your Zoom meeting another 30 minutes for an extra fee. If that sounds good, then we’d add hosting powers to someone on your team and leave you to your celebration.
What are our accessibility options?
TeamBuilding strives to make sure our events are accessible and inclusive for all our participants! If you or members of your team have a particular concern or are looking for a specific accommodation, such as closed captioning, please reach out to us by replying to your official event confirmation email or send us an email at [email protected].
Can I provide prizes for the winning team?
We are happy to announce what the prizes are at the beginning of your event (or keep it a surprise to announce at the end). Just email us your specific plans and we’ll communicate to your host!
Events that work well with prizes:
- Trivia (team competition or individual competition)
- Online Office Games
- tiny campfire
- Superhero Academy
- Ski Chalet
Events that might not have clear winners (harder for prizes, but not impossible):
- Murder Mystery in Ancient Egypt
- Murder Mystery in the Queen’s Court
- Murder Mystery: Murder in the Speakeasy
- Art Heist: The Vanishing Van Gogh
Non-competitive events in which no winners are announced:
- International Monster Hunter
- Kindness Quest
- War of the Wizards
- Cocktail Shakeup (everyone wins when cocktails are involved)
- Winter Cocktail Party (see above)
- Nerd Talks
- Storytelling Workshop
- Comedy Workshop
Payment & Finance
I still need to pay! Where’s that link again?
Our Finance Team will follow up with a link for payment shortly after you sign your proposal. If you still can’t find the payment link, then email us on your Official Event Confirmation thread at [email protected].
What are my payment options?
Check out the bottom of your invoice for details. The short version is credit or debit card, check, wire transfer, and ACH. Email us on your Official Event Confirmation email at [email protected] with any additional questions.
Event Structure: Team Formation
If my event involves teams, how are those teams created?
Teams are randomized at the start of your event and your host handles this for you!
Can I create pre-assigned teams for my event?
If your event has fewer than 50 participants, absolutely! Reply back to your Official Event Confirmation email with this request. Our Client Success team will then let you know how best to divide up your team (how many teams and players per team). We ask that all pre-assigned teams are sent in via the following plain-text format:
1. First and last name
Again, please reach out to us on your email thread and we’ll help you come up with the perfect solution for your group!
What if I’d like to make pre-assigned teams for a group larger than 50?
If you have an event with more than 50 people, then all hope for pre-assigned teams is not lost! In addition to providing us the above list, please make sure you communicate each person’s team number ahead of the event. Once your participants join, the host will prompt your group to change their display names to reflect the assigned team number and name, like “2–Mary Smith.” This will allow your co-host to quickly create teams so we can get to the fun as fast as possible!
What if we only want to assign a few specific participants to certain teams?
We are happy to accommodate specific requests like the following:
- A few folks need to be on the same team (and the rest can be assigned randomly)
- A few folks need to be on different teams or spread out among the teams (and the rest can be assigned randomly)
Please email us this information on your Official Event Confirmation email at least two days in advance of your event and we will let your host know.
Platform & Technology
Do all participants need to have video on?
Yes! We highly encourage all participants to have video on throughout the event. Not only is video needed for some of our games, it also makes the event so much fun and more interactive! If a few participants are not able to have video on, then don’t worry. We would still love for these folks to participate and join in on the fun.
Do I need a password for the Zoom link?
We don’t require passwords for any of our events unless you booked our Strong Teams fitness class! All you need is the meeting link itself. The waiting room is enabled for added security. For Strong Teams, your calendar event will contain a password, which you’ll need to share with your team members.
Can I join on my mobile device?
Joining from your phone is an option if you don’t have a computer handy (though our events are optimized for joining via your desktop browser or the Zoom application). Here are some key differences to be aware of with mobile:
- Gallery view is limited to four screens at a time. With more than four screens, you’ll need to swipe to see everyone.
- The chat (utilized heavily in many of our events) takes up the whole screen when open. You won’t be able to see hosts/participants while using the chat.
What are the differences between joining Zoom via the app and browser?
Fantastic news! Joining Zoom via your web browser (no download or sign-up required) produces the same great functionality as using the Zoom app. In our experience, most IT departments that do not allow Zoom downloads are down with employees joining via web browser.
Can we use a non-Zoom platform?
Our events are designed specifically for Zoom, and our hosts and co-hosts are Zoom-experts, ready to handle any circumstance that may present itself on the platform. That being said, we know some companies don’t have access to the desktop application for Zoom. We have options:
- Log in on your web browser–no application required. Same fantastic functionality.
- Go here: https://zoom.us/join
- Copy and paste the meeting ID (found in your calendar invitation) into the box that says “join a meeting.”
- Click “join.” Commence fun.
Still not an option? We have a few events that can run on any video conferencing platform! We can pivot your event to any of the types below:
- Nerd Talks
- Virtual Trivia (every person for themselves competition)
- Just A Darn Fun Event
If we go this route, please ensure the following capabilities are available:
- Group chat
- Screen sharing
- And, most importantly, someone from your team will be there to provide tech support if needed (troubleshooting audio/video issues, participant log-in, etc.).
You will need to provide us the following:
- The meeting link and any other details needed to join the virtual meeting.
- At the start of the event, provide our host with screen sharing capabilities.
There you have it! You are now an expert on our virtual team building activities! If you don’t see an answer to your question here, then feel free to email us at [email protected]!