Here is our list of the best conference opening remarks examples.
Conference opening remarks examples are statements that introduce your meeting to attendees. Examples include serious opening conference remarks, funny opening conference remarks, and inspirational opening conference remarks. The purpose of these remarks is to set the tone for your conference while welcoming attendees to the meeting and introducing your topics for discussion.
This list includes:
- short opening remarks for a program
- opening remarks for a virtual conference
- serious opening conference remarks
- funny opening conference remarks
- inspirational opening conference remarks
Let’s get to it!
List of conference opening remarks examples
From short messages to inspirational remarks, here are our top opening statements for conferences.
Short opening remarks for a program
- On behalf of our hosts, welcome to our conference! We have an engaging lineup of topics and activities for the day. Without further ado, let’s jump right into it!
- Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for taking the time to attend our conference today. We look forward to a fun and engaging time together.
- Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to our conference. Today, we will learn about team building, company culture, and employee engagement. Let’s get started!
- Greetings! Today’s conference is all about team building, and we are so excited to have you here with us today!
- Hi, team. Thank you all for taking time out of your schedules to join our conference today! We know many of you are busy, so we truly appreciate the effort to attend.
- Hi, we’re so glad to see all of your smiling faces at our conference today. Let’s have a great time!
- Hello, team. We are so glad to have you at our event today! We have exciting news and company updates to share, and we cannot wait to get started.
- Welcome to our event! Please know that you are in for a fun and action-packed day. You can refer to the agenda to stay on track with our activities and sessions. Without further ado, let’s get started!
- Good afternoon, all! We are so thrilled to have you join us for today’s conference. Thank you for attending, and we hope to have a great event.
- Hi, everyone! Thank you for joining today’s program. Let’s have a great time together!
Opening remarks for a virtual conference
- Good morning to all of our virtual conference attendees! We are so glad you could join us today. Before we get started, we would like to thank you for clearing your schedules to attend our event. Thanks to video conferencing technology, we are able to meet with so many colleagues, regardless of location and time zones. We promise to make this event worth your while and are very excited to get started!
- Greetings to all of our online conference attendees! We are so pumped that you could join us on Zoom today from around the world. Technology plays a major role in allowing us to get together while being so far apart. We could not be more excited to get started with our event.
- We want to start our conference by giving a big virtual high-five to all of the team members joining us. Hello! You are in for an exciting and action-packed event today. First, we will discuss critical company updates. Next, we will review new HR processes that benefit all employees. Last, we will open up the virtual floor for a roundtable discussion and Q&A session where you can voice your opinions and ask questions.
- Hi, team! Thank you for your enthusiasm in joining our virtual conference today. It is so great to see you all on camera and in your home offices. Before starting today’s program, we have a few special announcements to go over. We will also have a special guest speaker joining us later in the day to talk about innovation and creativity in tech. This speaker is a well-known figure in the tech space. Can you guess our special guest’s name? Well, you will just have to wait and find out!
- Greetings, cyber crew! How great is technology? We are all here joining the same conference from different places worldwide. Remote work is the future, and we are so glad we could host this event virtually. As we go through the conference, please refer to our agenda to follow along. The agenda deck will help you remain aware of which sessions to attend. If you have any questions or are experiencing technical issues, please stop by our virtual IT helpdesk. We have a team of experts on standby, ready to help you troubleshoot any and all tech issues.
- Welcome, everyone, to our virtual conference. We would like to sincerely thank you all for joining us today from your home offices around the world. Please follow along with our event agenda, and do not hesitate to reach out to our virtual IT helpdesk with any questions or troubleshooting needs. Once again, thank you for your attendance, participation, and engagement!
- Hello, and welcome to our conference! Although our event is virtual, we have worked hard to make this year’s conference as fun and engaging as possible. We hope you find today’s program rewarding and insightful.
- Just because you are not physically near your teammates does not mean you have to give up on building real relationships. Today, I want to share with you all the secrets to team building while working in a virtual setting.
Serious opening conference remarks
- I would like to extend a warm welcome to those who could attend our conference today. We are constantly experiencing changes and innovations in technology and strategy, so it is important to host conferences like this to keep us all in the loop. Let’s begin this meeting by reviewing our notes from the last session.
- What keeps us healthy as we go through life? If you were going to invest in your future self, where would you put your time and energy?
- So, I know the secret to getting anything you want in life.
- As all of you are aware, we are in the midst of a crisis like no other.
- Thank you all for joining us today. As one of the event organizers, I am pleased to have the opportunity to speak with each and every one of you today. Conferences like this play a critical role in bringing teams together when necessary. Although it is no easy task, we are grateful for the opportunity.
- Hi, team, and welcome to today’s conference. The purpose of this event is to get our employees engaged and active. We have invited guest speakers and professionals in the field to discuss the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. Please remain attentive throughout the event and leave any questions until the end of the presentation. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and participation.
- As I’m sure you all know, our company is undergoing some major changes. We wanted to call this conference to discuss what the future looks like for employees as well as the company as a whole. Please hold any questions for the end, as we may cover what you’re wondering about.
- Hi, everyone. We have decided to call this conference to discuss the upcoming merger and the redundancies within the new firm. We have a plan in place to keep as many of you on board as possible, and we’d like to review that with you today.
- Thank you all so much for taking the time to attend this conference. As you may be aware, our firm is facing a lawsuit. We have laid out everything we know about it along with what we plan to do moving forward. Please refer to the agenda to help us stay on track as we cover the details.
- Hi, team, and thank you for being here. We have organized this conference to discuss harassment in the workplace. This information will show you what harassment may look like and how to respond if you believe it is happening to you. If anyone needs a break at any point, please feel free to step out and rejoin the group when you are ready.
Funny opening conference remarks
- As I was getting ready for today’s meeting, I realized that there’s one thing you and I have in common: neither of us knows what I’m going to talk about today.
- I want to tell you the story of a man who started a new job at a new company. When he met his supervisor, the two hit it off immediately. The supervisor was always there to answer any questions and clear up any confusion for the new hire. In fact, the two got along so well that the supervisor said to the employee, “Don’t think of me as a boss, but rather as a friend who is always right and never wrong.”
- As I was preparing my speech for today, my partner gave me some great advice: “Don’t try to be too charming, intellectual, or funny. Just be yourself!”
- What is the top way to ruin a Friday, you ask? Remembering it’s only Thursday.
- I don’t always trust people who have squeaky clean work desks. Do you know why? Well, because a clean desk is usually a sign of messy desk drawers—or worse, a cluttered mind.
- Staring at my computer screen, I couldn’t help but say to my boss, “Wow, this show is so boring!” To which my boss responded, “That’s because this is a Zoom meeting.”
- Do you hate it when a person answers their own questions? I certainly do. Don’t worry. That’s the only time I’ll answer my own questions during today’s conference. Is it really? Yes. Maybe.
- I gave a speech last week. Afterward, my boss came up to me and said I was both original and good. However, the original parts were not good, and the good parts were not original. So, I have some work to do.
- What do you call a meeting for the Knights of the Round Table? A sir conference.
- Synergy. Collaboration. Team building. You will hear a lot of corporate buzzwords today. Throughout today’s event, just remember: don’t sweat the small stuff.
Inspirational opening conference remarks
- You may have heard the saying, “There is no ‘I’ in teamwork.” This statement holds true, especially as we gather today for our annual company conference. This team excels in working together to achieve our collective goals. Teamwork and team building are critical to our success as a company, so thank you for all of your contributions. Now, let’s build on this positive momentum and keep reaching toward success!
- One of the most inspirational quotes I can think of comes from American author and poet Maya Angelou. She said, “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” This quote makes me think of the goals and material objects many people chase today. I want you to ask yourselves: what truly makes you happy? Money and materials, or a life well lived?
- Opportunities do not just fall into place. Many times, you have to create your own opportunities and work hard to achieve your goals. If you face obstacles along the way, then these roadblocks simply serve as tests to show how hard you are willing to work toward your goals. I advise you not to let these obstacles get in the way of your success. Think about how far you are willing to go in order to reach your goals.
- When you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life. During today’s conference, we are going to talk about how to reach a point where you feel happy and accomplished at work. We will also discuss how we, as a company, can do better to keep our employees satisfied and engaged each day.
- I would like to begin the conference by saying thank you to all of our attendees. I feel honored and privileged to be addressing you today. Before we begin, I would like to pose a question to the audience: what personal accomplishment are you most proud of? Think about your answer and reflect for a moment. Now, remember how you felt when you accomplished this action. I want each of you to save that feeling and use it as your main source of motivation when you are facing obstacles.
- “The power of one, if fearless and focused, is formidable, but the power of many working together is better.” These wise words from Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines, serve as a great reminder of the importance of teamwork and persistence.
- Today, we are here to celebrate our collective accomplishments as a team. Your hard work does not go unnoticed, and we are so fortunate to have each of you on this team. Each member of this team inspires me to work hard and accomplish greatness. Today, we celebrate you all.
Conference opening remarks are crucial in setting the tone for your meeting. For example, positive remarks can motivate attendees to engage more actively with the material. Serious remarks, on the other hand, can signal to attendees that the conference’s subject matter is more somber or significant in tone.
We recommend using your opening remarks to alert attendees to your conference’s main topic or theme. You can also share your meeting agenda and encourage participants to follow along throughout the event. Opening remarks create the perfect opportunity to give team members a warm welcome and introduction to start your event on the right foot.