You found our list of Intercom alternatives.
Intercom alternatives are platforms that offer similar functionalities and features to Intercom. These functionalities include automated messages, customer support, integrations, and targeted messages. Examples of Intercom alternatives are HelpCrunch, EcoSend, and Help Scout. The purpose of Intercom alternatives is to provide different platforms for businesses that meet their business needs and budget.
Intercom alternatives are similar to Zendesk alternatives, Help Scout alternatives, and Freshdesk alternatives. You can check out these customer experience books to learn more about customer service software.
This list includes:
- apps like Intercom
- software like Intercom
- help scout Intercom
- free Intercom alternatives
List of Intercom alternatives
Some apps like Intercom may provide a more flexible functionality for businesses. Here is a list of other customer communication programs for your business.
Userlike is a customer messaging platform specializing in live chat and real-time communication tools for businesses. The software aims to help companies engage with their website visitors and customers in a personalized and efficient manner. Userlike aims to facilitate meaningful conversations, enhance user experiences, and drive customer satisfaction.
- Features that address common pain points in customer support
- Operator groups that allow customers to select which department to talk to easily
- Subtle support throughout the customer’s journey
- All-inclusive button integration, providing support without the need to switch media or search for contact options
Userlike has a free version, plus there are three other package options available. The Team plan costs $90 per month, the Corporate plan is $290 per month, and the Flex plan is customized based on your needs. Overall, Userlike focuses on creating a smooth and engaging communication experience between businesses and their customers.
Learn more about Userlike.
MessageBird is a cloud communications platform that provides various communication tools and APIs. These functions allow businesses to connect with their customers through various channels. The platform helps companies engage with their customers through SMS, voice, and chat.
- A variety of communication channels, including SMS, voice calls, email, and chat apps
- Omnichannel inbox for managing customer communications across different channels
- Ability to build and integrate chatbots to automate conversations and provide instant responses to common queries
- Analytics and reporting features to track message delivery, engagement rates, and other metrics
- Emphasis on data security and compliance with industry regulations
MessageBird’s comprehensive suite of communication tools helps businesses enhance customer engagement and streamline communication workflows. Some of MessageBird’s features are free, and you can build a custom package and work with the sales team to order all the functionalities you need.
Learn more about MessageBird.
HubSpot is both a sales software and a marketing company, driving business growth by converting website visitors into customers. The company offers a range of tools to support inbound marketing efforts, including marketing automation, website building, and customer management. The robust analytics and reporting features make HubSpot an ideal choice for businesses seeking insights into customer behavior and support team performance.
- Email templates, shared inbox, and email tracking with notifications
- Live chat software featuring canned snippets for customer communication
- Multi-language knowledgebase for swift user problem-solving
- Integration with third-party tools for seamless workflow automation across customer service, marketing, and sales
HubSpot provides options like a free plan with limited features, a Starter plan at $45 per month for two users, and a Professional plan at $450 per month for five users.
HelpCrunch is a versatile solution catering to sales, customer support, and marketing needs. Suited for businesses of all sizes, the platform offers features like a ticketing system, chat widget, and open API. These capabilities enable businesses to engage customers, track behaviors, and provide timely support. HelpCrunch emphasizes user-friendliness and accessibility.
- Robust mobile app for Android and iOS users
- Customization options for personalized customer support experiences
- Real-time email support and live chat for prompt query resolution
- Comprehensive reporting to enhance support team performance and processes
HelpCrunch offers pricing plans, including Basic at $12 per month, Grow at $20 per month, and Unlimited at $495 per month, billed annually.
Check out HelpCrunch.
LiveAgent, tailored for smaller support teams, offers a chat engine, ticketing system, and customer profile features. This software stands as a strong Intercom alternative, integrating smoothly with external applications like Salesforce and Zendesk. With over 175 features and 190 integrations, LiveAgent equips businesses to provide personalized customer support.
- Intuitive ticketing system requiring minimal onboarding
- Omnichannel customer support encompassing social media, chat, SMS, and phone
- Automated ticket distribution, notifications, and workflow automation
- Customization options for branding, email templates, and more
Pricing includes a free version, Ticket version at $15 per month, Ticket and Chat version at $29 per month, and All-Inclusive version at $49 per month.
EcoSend stands out as a climate-conscious email marketing platform, prioritizing sustainable practices. The software addresses the carbon footprint associated with email marketing by optimizing campaigns for efficiency and engagement.
- Operates on renewable energy and supports tree planting initiatives
- Automated campaigns for enhanced engagement
- In-app messages for personalized interactions
- Live translate feature for multilingual communications
EcoSend offers a free plan for up to 500 contacts, with paid plans starting from $49 per month to accommodate larger needs.
Check out EcoSend.
For companies emphasizing customer engagement, Crisp stands as a top-notch Intercom alternative. What sets Crisp apart is its focus on adding a human touch to customer support interactions. The platform offers a range of innovative tools including call support, CRM, shared browsing, and a ticketing system, facilitating seamless communication.
- Live chat enabling direct communication and file sharing with customers
- Co-browsing for collaborative online navigation
- Comprehensive reporting and analytics for insights
- Effective social media campaigns with personalized messages
Crisp’s pricing comprises a free plan, a Pro plan at $300 per year, and an Unlimited plan at $1,140 per year.
GoSquared aids businesses in tracking customer engagement and real-time analytics, enhancing app and website performance analysis. These tools empower companies to convert visitors into customers using integrated products. The dashboard showcases analytics for individual visitors, aiding in targeted engagement.
- User-friendly interface for ease of use
- Strong segmentation and targeting for personalized engagement
- Team software inbox for streamlined support and sales
- Behavioral data for automated lead capture
GoSquared offers Starter, Standard, Pro, and Scale plans, ranging from $29 to $129 per month, all with a free seven-day trial.
Drift is a comprehensive sales platform providing email marketing, chatbots, automation, and live chat features. These tools empower companies to drive conversions, build relationships, and engage customers effectively. Drift’s AI-powered chatbot enhances personalized recommendations and automates customer conversations.
- Live chat for direct customer interaction
- Customer data import for personalization
- Playbooks for efficient visitor interactions
- Chatbots for automated conversations
Drift offers various plans, including a free plan, a Start-up Program at $500 a month, a Premium plan at $600 per month, and an Enterprise plan.
Keeping offers a Gmail-centric solution for businesses seeking free Intercom alternatives. The platform transforms Gmail into a functional help desk, supporting workflow automation and report viewing from a clutter-free admin area. Despite being Gmail-based, Keeping boasts features comparable to other help desk software.
- Multi-channel support across live chat, social media, phone, and email
- Branding and integration with platforms like WordPress and Shopify
- Automation for streamlined support processes
- User-friendly interface for straightforward customer support
Keeping offers Team and Organization plans at $10 and $15 per user per month, respectively, with free trials.
Gorgias is designed for e-commerce platforms like Shopify and Magento, providing direct customer connection on social media and websites. The platform facilitates automated responses, subscription management, and loyalty point application. With a modern design, Gorgias enhances customer interactions.
- Chatbot templates for easy online store implementation
- Integrated ticketing system for seamless customer engagement
- Product recommendation tools and order management
- Customizable chat widgets for consistent experiences
Gorgias offers Starter, Basic, Pro, and Advanced plans, ranging from $10 to custom Enterprise pricing.
ProProfs serves as a budget-friendly Intercom alternative, particularly suited for smaller teams. The platform streamlines customer support services through an easy-to-use dashboard, offering customization options for branding, surveys, and quizzes.
- Customization for branded support portals and assessments
- Flexible pricing to accommodate various business sizes
- Cloud-based platform for accessible customer assessment management
- User-friendly interface without technical expertise required
ProProfs offers a free plan, an Essential plan at $20 per month, a Business plan at $40 per month, and a Business+ plan at $200 per month.
13. Help Scout
Help Scout allows businesses to manage all customer conversations in one place, like an inbox. Help Scout Intercom converts get the collaboration, organization, and automation needed to thrive and move faster. This platform is as easy to use as an email inbox and helps users focus on customer relationships.
- An easy-to-manage, all-in-one support platform that offers a human touch
- A searchable library of templates and saved replies makes streamlining responses easy
- Categorization of conversations and automation of workflows through tags
- Ability to send team members private notes while talking to customers
Help Scout has a Standard plan of $25 per month, a Plus plan of $50 per month, and an Annual Pro plan of $65 per month. The Annual Pro plan provides large teams with security, scale, and hands-on service.
Check out Help Scout.
Olark excels as a software like Intercom for customer support and sales representatives. With integrations to Slack, Salesforce, and Shopify, the software offers an intuitive chat interface for quick issue resolution and customer engagement.
- Live chat feature designed for support training
- Responsive widget design for seamless website integration
- Compatibility with popular CRM tools
- Help desk features for team collaboration
Olark offers a 14-day free trial, a Basic plan at $29 per month, and a Pro version with chatbots and automation.
Tawk.to provides an advanced live chat widget featured on numerous websites. This software differs from other alternatives by offering a forever-free advanced live chat solution. The platform encourages users to hire live chat agents for comprehensive customer engagement and performance monitoring.
- Advanced filtering and group messaging for effective conversations
- Zapier integration for SMS messaging
- Forever-free functionality
- Easy setup and integration with WordPress websites
Tawk.to’s branded version can be upgraded to ad-free for $19 monthly, and businesses can hire chat agents at various rates.
Intercom pricing can make it out of reach for some, especially small businesses. As a result, these firms look for affordable and effective alternatives. Companies must consider features like easy-to-use interfaces, integration options, and chat transfer when choosing an Intercom alternative. These options will help businesses decide which program works best based on their needs.
Although no single platform can meet the needs of all businesses, some are more versatile. Therefore, comparing the pricing and features of these platforms will help business owners determine the best option for them.