You found our list of the best management consulting companies.
Management consulting companies are firms that help businesses improve their performance by providing expert advice on organizational operations. Examples include Accenture, Roland Berger, and LEK. The purpose of these companies is to help other organizations identify operational gaps and devise ways to solve these challenges. These companies work with businesses across various sectors, such as healthcare, finance, marketing, and nonprofit.
One of the best management tips is to hire these consulting companies to help organizations improve their team management skills. Working with consultants can develop team building management and management styles.
This list includes:
- big management consulting companies
- management consulting boutique firms
- strategy consulting companies
- freelance management consultants
- business management consulting companies
- management consulting firms
Let’s get to it!
List of management consulting companies
Management consultants offer essential services to businesses that want to identify and solve operational loopholes. These consultants work with organizations in both private and public sectors. From McKinsey & Company to Kearney, here is a list of the best companies that offer management consulting services.
1. Boston Consulting Group
If you are looking for big management consulting companies, then Boston Consulting Group is a good bet. The global consulting firm partners with entities to tackle the most important operational challenges while capturing exciting opportunities. The company focuses on collaborating with organizations to provide an individualized approach. Some management consulting services that Boston Consulting Group offers include corporate strategy, people strategy, revenue management, and risk management.
- Has a diverse global team that serves organizations across the world
- Serves organizations of all sizes, with the majority of clients ranking among the Global 500
- Is one of the most prestigious global management consulting companies
- Recognized for excellence and has won awards such as the 2021 Consulting Best Firms to Work For and the 2021 Seramount 100 best companies
The company works with a variety of industries, including automotive, energy, healthcare, travel, and public sectors. As a business strategy pioneer, Boston Consulting Group is a great choice for organizations that want to embrace a transformational approach to business operations.
Learn more about Boston Consulting Group.
Accenture is one of the largest management consulting companies across the globe. The company focuses on helping clients become the best versions of themselves by optimizing organizational systems. Some of the management consulting services that Accenture offers include automation, artificial intelligence, and digital commerce. Organizations can also seek customer experience, finance, and business strategy consulting.
- Has over 721,000 employees worldwide
- Serves over 200 cities across 49 countries
- Has several recognitions, such as Fortune’s 33rd World’s Most Admired Companies
- Is the largest consulting firm globally by the number of employees
Accenture combines specialized skills and experience to create shared success for clients, shareholders, partners, and communities. The company serves the life sciences, banking, energy, insurance, retail, and aerospace industries.
Learn more about Accenture.
Want some free team building tools?
$49 value (100% free)
- 100+ fully tested icebreaker questions
- 24+ themed Bingo generators
- 5+ PDFs (including the 8% Rule)
- 2024 team building calendar
- and more...
Enter your email for instant access
3. McKinsey & Company
McKinsey & Company tops the list of global management consulting firms. The company aims to accelerate inclusive and sustainable growth across various financial industries. McKinsey & Company partners with firms worldwide to set bold strategies and implement effective, transformative technologies. Through these activities, the management consulting company helps organizations unlock their full potential. Some of the services that the company offers include risk and resilience, corporate and strategy finance, and implementation. McKinsey & Company also focuses on operations, people and organizational performance, and digital operations.
- Serves businesses in over 65 countries
- Ranks as the oldest and the largest of the Big Three global management consulting companies by operations and revenue
- Mainly focuses on operations and finances
- Has over 38,000 employees that serve organizations globally
The 1926-founded management consulting firm works with businesses in the education, industrial, manufacturing, retail, and engineering sectors.
Learn more about McKinsey & Company.
4. Roland Berger
Roland Berger is a management consulting company that centers its operations around business mastery and social issues solutions. Rather than focusing on short-term social challenges, the company aims to deliver sustainable remedies across major industries. Working with Roland Berger offers organizations new strategies for achieving growth while ensuring sustainable results. The 1967-founded company has expertise in various business functions, such as private equity, mergers and acquisitions, digital, and organizational restructuring.
- Serves Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and the Americas
- Has over 50 offices and over 3,000 employees in major markets
- Has a focus on excellence, entrepreneurship, and empathy that define the corporate culture
The company offers a combination of emotional and intellectual competence to meet client needs. Roland Berger serves a variety of industries, including construction, finance, chemicals, industrial products, and automotive.
Learn more about Roland Berger.
5. Bain & Company
As one of the Big Three strategy consulting companies, Bain & Company is an unbeatable option for organizations worldwide. The company follows a unique approach to management consulting that helps firms structure operations to achieve sustainable results. Bain & Company advises businesses on issues such as operations, finance, strategy, people and organization, and DEI. Organizations can also seek learning and development, sales and marketing, and digital transformation consulting services.
- Serves private, public, and nonprofit organizations
- Has offices across North and South America, Africa, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and Asia
- Has over 50 years of experience in management consulting
- Ranks among the top Forbes’ top best employers in the world and America’s largest private company in 2022
Organizations can modernize all business elements with the company’s enterprise technology capabilities to yield maximum value. The company serves a wide variety of industries, such as banking, infrastructure and consulting, aviation, and energy.
Learn more about Bain & Company.
Kearney is a leading management consulting company that works with global organizations to solve their toughest problems. The 1926-founded company focuses on the principle of essential rightness that ensures that all pursuits are in the clients’ best interests. Some of Kearney’s management consulting services include mergers and acquisitions, procurement, and sustainability. The firm also specializes in global business policy, digital, and performance consulting.
- Has a presence in over 40 countries with over 4,200 employees
- Works with Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, and government institutions
- Focuses on building a working culture that transcends geographic and organizational boundaries
- Is a global management consulting firm that ranks in Vault’s Consulting 50
The company prides itself in specialized knowledge in leading industries such as health, consumer and retail, private equity, and technology. Kearney also works with financial services, media, telecommunications, and industrial goods and services organizations.
Learn more about Kearney.
LEK is one of the top management strategy consulting companies for organizations that want to amplify growth by seizing their competitive advantages. The global strategy consulting firm uses insights to reshape businesses’ trajectories. LEK helps organizations achieve lasting change by showcasing actionable opportunities and designing new winning strategies. The company’s areas of expertise include marketing and sales, data and analytics, mergers and acquisitions, and value activation. Other notable specialties include private equity, disruption management, and post-merger integration.
- Is an international firm with offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia-Pacific
- Has a team with industry knowledge to provide insight into unique organizational situations
- Has over 40 years of experience in management consulting
- Ranks 9th in the 2022 Vault Consulting 50 recognitions
The company uses analytical tools, strategic frameworks, and tested research methodologies to provide management consulting services. LEK works with industries such as financial services, tech, healthcare, and customer products. Organizations in private equity, entertainment, energy, and consumer products can also benefit from the company’s consulting services.
Learn more about LEK.
8. Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is an American company that provides management consulting services across different industries. The company offers expertise in identifying opportunities and developing lasting solutions. With a team of experienced thought leaders, Oliver Wyman can drive transformation using data-driven strategies. Some of the company’s management consulting services include brand and innovation, operations, organizational effectiveness, and payments. Oliver Wyman also offers risk management, strategy, and sustainability consulting.
- Has offices in over 70 cities across 30 nations
- Prides itself on specialized expertise in operations, organizational transformation, risk management, and strategy
- Works with over 6,000 professionals across the world
The company’s commitment to industry specialization eliminates the learning curve when providing consulting services. Some of the industries that Oliver Wyman serves include automotive, education, tech, telecommunication, and financial services. The company also serves the industrial, private equity, public sector and policy, and health sciences industries.
Learn more about Oliver Wyman.
If you are looking for management consulting boutique firms, then Putnam is a good bet. The company has provided expertise in solving organizational problems for 30 years. Putnam prides itself in tailoring a comprehensive set of techniques, tools, and expertise. Through the findings, the company assembles data, analyzes, and interprets results in the sustainable development of organizations. Some of the boutique consulting firm’s practice areas include new product strategy, value pricing, data strategy, and portfolio licensing. The company also focuses on development, franchise, and medical and scientific strategies.
- Works with a variety of clients, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies
- Specializes in life science industries and has over 200 consultants
- Serves major global cities, including Boston, New York, London, France, Delhi, and Japan
The firm’s values, including a focus on client’s needs and rigorous problem-solving, ensure the delivery of top-notch management consulting services. The Boston-headquartered company serves biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical, and diagnostic device clients.
Learn more about Putnam.
10. Advention Business Partners
Advention Business Partners offers a broad range of strategic consulting services. The company works with clients across different sectors to increase shareholder value by identifying and implementing new opportunities. The firm’s main product areas include growth strategy, business opportunity assessment, corporate business unit strategy, and performance improvement. Advention Business Partners also offers wealth creation strategies, change management, value chain improvement, and strategic evaluation services.
- Has over 21 years of experience in management consulting
- Has locations in London, Paris, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York
- Serves both corporate clients and principal and private equity investors
Advention Business Partners focuses on tailoring solutions that help organizations differentiate themselves from competitors. The company also has a results-oriented mindset that ensures the delivery of tangible business results. Advention Business Partners works with clients in industries such as healthcare, technology, business services, aviation, and public sectors.
Learn more about Advention Business Partners.
11. The Keystone Group
The Keystone Group tops the list of management consulting boutique firms serving mid-market distribution and manufacturing companies. The company helps organizations with developing and executing strategies. For instance, The Keystone Group focuses on restructuring finances, integrating acquisitions, and improving overall organizational operations. Some of the areas that the company specializes in include cash flow management, corporate finance, and profit improvement.
- Has over 25 years of experience in management consulting
- Serves the Atlanta, Chicago, and Los Angeles regions
- Recognized as Vault’s 2021 8th-best boutique consulting firm and 16th-best consulting firm
The Keystone Group works with clients in the apparel, agricultural products, construction, and automotive industries. The company also works with business service providers, rental service companies, and specialty chemicals firms.
Learn more about The Keystone Group.
12. The Cambridge Group
The Cambridge Group is a boutique strategy consulting group that exclusively focuses on client growth. The company helps clients in strategy development and execution based on its vast understanding of different industries. The Cambridge Group differentiates itself from other boutique consulting companies with a team of experienced and senior consultants. Some of the company’s expertise areas include marketing strategy, organization and culture, digital strategy, and innovation and design.
- Has over 45 years in management consultancy
- Works with global industry leaders, such as Facebook, BestBuy, Allstate, and CBS
- Has a strong track record with Fortune 100 companies across B2B and consumer industries
The Chicago-headquartered company applies a demand strategy to enable organizations to align their infrastructure and resources to get a competitive advantage.
Learn more about The Cambridge Group.
13. Sergo Arutinian
If you are a small business owner, then one of the best decisions you can make is to work with freelance management consultants. Sergo Arutinian is a freelance management consultant who provides services in business sectors such as policy strategy, budgeting, financial analysis, and strategic planning.
- Has proven 15 years of experience in management consulting with renowned companies such as Ernst & Young and McKinsey
- Available for in-person or remote consultations
- Has experience in different industries, such as the pharmaceutical, telecom, and finance sectors
Sergo Arutinian also specializes in investments and general business management.
Connect with Sergo Arutinian.
14. ABS Group of Companies
ABS Group of Companies is a firm that provides services to support the reliability of high-performance operations and assets. Through the use of data-driven solutions, the organization can solve significant business challenges. ABS Group of Companies uses an approach that combines innovative data techniques, domain expertise, and advanced analytics. The company’s solutions include asset management, industrial cybersecurity, and safety management.
- Has a global presence with over 1,000 employees
- Has a team of experts who deliver on-site training in organizations
- Has over 30 years of experience in management consulting
ABS Group of Companies also provides technical inspection and verification, management systems certification, and software solutions. The company serves industries such as marine, chemical, industrial manufacturing, energy, and government sectors.
Learn more about ABS Group of Companies.
15. Booz Allen
If you are looking for business management consulting companies with years of experience, then Booz Allen is an excellent pick. With over a century of management consulting experience, Booz Allen can lead businesses to succeed in their struggle areas. Booz Allen uses innovative change management tools to deliver results. The management consulting company also approaches each project with custom solutions and multiple disciplines. The company’s expertise includes digital solutions, cybersecurity, engineering, and product sectors.
- Renowned for key consultancies, such as the merging of the American and the National Football Leagues to create the Super Bowl
- Has over a decade of experience in management consulting
- Has offices across the globe
Booz Allen has a culture of innovation that empowers its team to bring value to clients. The consulting firm serves different markets, such as the defense, civil governments, health, law enforcement, and transportation sectors.
Learn more about Booz Allen.
Management consultants play a crucial role in helping organizations improve their performance and drive long-term success. These consultants focus on operations consulting, strategy consulting, and HR consulting. In addition, management consulting services may encompass other business operational sectors, like supply chain, learning and development, and economic policy. While it may be an added business cost, these consultants can be a valuable investment that can help drive lasting and distinctive changes. However, businesses must find the right fit for their organizational needs.