Here is our list of important employee wellbeing survey questions.
Employee wellbeing survey questions are questions included on a survey designed to assess employees’ satisfaction in the workplace. Examples include, “How would you describe the dress code at your workplace?”, “Do you find yourself frequently bringing work home?”, and “How has your health changed since your time here at (your company)?” The purpose of these survey questions is to assess employees’ overall contentment in working for your company and to gain perspective on ways your company can further support their employees’ wellbeing.
These questionnaires are a type of employee engagement survey and are often part of employee wellness programs. These surveys are a step toward creating a positive working environment. These prompts are also similar to check-in questions.
This list includes:
- health and wellbeing survey questions
- workplace wellbeing survey questions
- questions about mental health in the workplace
- survey questions about workloads
- survey questions about work-life balance
- employee wellness survey questions about management
- social wellness survey questions for employee
- work environment survey questions for employees
Let’s get started.
Health and wellbeing survey questions
- How does your job affect your overall health?
- What are ways (your company) could help improve your overall health?
- Are there any specific ways your job has a negative impact on your health?
- Do you believe your job helps support your overall health?
- How do (your company’s) benefits contribute to your health?
- Do you feel that you currently have a good balance of maintaining your health and doing your job well?
- What are your thoughts on (your company’s) sick leave policy? Is there anything you would like to change about the policy?
- What does your exercise regimen look like? Has the company ever helped or hindered your program?
Workplace wellbeing survey questions
- How would you describe your wellbeing when you are in the workplace?
- What are factors that positively impact your wellbeing in the workplace?
- If you could change one thing about your workplace to improve your wellbeing, what would it be, and how would it positively impact you in the workplace?
- How do you think you contribute to the wellbeing of your coworkers?
- What are factors that negatively affect your wellbeing in the workplace?
- What is your commute like to your workplace? Does this negatively or positively impact your wellbeing?
- Do you think the dress code is appropriate for the workplace? Why or why not?
Questions about mental health in the workplace
- How do you deal with workplace stress?
- What are strategies you use to care for your mental health at work?
- Do you think your job positively impacts your mental health? Why or why not?
- What are ways (your company) could better support employees’ mental health?
- Have you ever felt the need to take time away from work to tend to your mental health?
- Would you be interested in participating in company-wide events, such as a meditation seminar or wellness retreat, to improve your mental health in the workplace?
- Has there ever been a time when your mental health affected your performance at work, positively or negatively? If yes, please describe.
Survey questions about workloads
- How would you describe your current workload?
- Do you believe your workload is commensurate with your current salary/compensation?
- Do you feel the workload is spread fairly among your team members?
- Are you interested in a different-sized workload? Bigger or smaller?
- Do you feel adequately supported by (your company) to handle your workload?
- What parts of your workload excite you the most?
- What parts of your workload challenge you? Do you feel capable and supported well enough to overcome those challenges?
- How many times a week have you felt it was necessary to bring work home to finish projects on time? Has this impacted your personal life in any way?
Survey questions about work-life balance
- How would you describe your current work-life balance?
- Are you satisfied with your current work-life balance?
- What are ways you want to improve your work-life balance? Are there ways for (your company) to support you in those areas?
- Are there ways in which (your company) negatively affects your work-life balance?
- Do you intend to maintain your current work-life balance? Why or why not?
- Have you ever felt pressured by (your company) to change your work-life balance to fit in at (your company)?
- If you live with others, do you think your work allows you to spend the amount of time you want with them?
- Are there any ways in which you feel any of your personal relationships have suffered because of your work? What are those ways?
Employee wellness survey questions about management
- Are you satisfied working under your immediate supervisor? Why or why not?
- How would you describe management’s effectiveness in communicating with you and your fellow co-workers?
- Can you recount a specific instance in which you felt helped/supported by management?
- Do you have any interest in a management position?
- What are ways in which management can improve in the following areas: leadership, collaboration, communication, delegating assignments, and professional support?
- Are you comfortable speaking with management if you have any issues with a coworker? Why or why not?
- What are qualities that you look for in a manager?
Social wellness survey questions for employee
- What are ways in which (your company) can facilitate more team building between coworkers?
- How would you describe your relationship with other members of your team?
- Have you ever felt isolated at work? Are you still experiencing isolation from any employees of the company?
- How important is it to you to get along well with your coworkers?
- What are ways in which (the company) can help new hires socialize with long-time employees?
- What types of events would you be interested in participating in to socialize with your coworkers?
- Do you feel comfortable speaking with your fellow colleagues about issues you are experiencing with them?
- How would you describe (your company’s) guidelines for dealing with conflict between coworkers? Do you think they are effective?
Work environment survey questions for employees
- How would you describe your ideal work environment? How well does (your company) match that environment?
- What are some positive traits of your current work environment?
- Do you think the physical space of the work environment is adequately maintained?
- How would you change your current work environment to better support yourself and your fellow colleagues?
- Does your work environment change throughout the year? If yes, how does that affect your performance?
- How does the dress code contribute to your work environment? Are you able to perform your duties while adhering to the dress code?
- Using one word, how would you sum up your work environment?
Employee wellbeing surveys are an incredibly useful tool to measure your employees’ overall satisfaction in the workplace. With the right questions, you can learn in which areas your employees are the most pleased with and the areas in which your company can improve. Happy and healthy employees will be more likely to stay with the company for many years and ideally produce great work because their company works to take care of their wellbeing both physically and mentally. The best way to find out how to better support your employees’ wellbeing is to ask thoughtful questions on an employee wellbeing survey