Here is our list of the best team building quotes.
Team building quotes are wise words about important team topics like collaboration, respect, and communication. Leaders and organizations can use these powerful sayings to educate and motivate their employees.
Specifically, this list includes:
- collaboration quotes
- funny team quotes
- sports team quotes
- quotes about teamwork and respect
- teamwork quotes for the office
- happy team quotes
- team communication quotes
- team motivation quotes
And more quotes about team building too 🙂
So, check out the list!
List of team building quotes
There is no “I” in team. Teamwork makes the dreamwork. Your team has heard those old cliches a million times. Shake up your motivational pep talk with the list of great team building quotes below.
These collaboration quotes all highlight the importance of working together as a unit, with flow and cohesion.
- “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H. E. Luccock, Professor
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller, Activist & Teacher
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie, Industrialist & Philanthropist
- “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney, Founder
- “Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi, Football Coach
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard, Author
- “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” – Virginia Burden, Author
- “No member of a crew is praised for the rugged individuality of his rowing.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, Philosopher
- “The chain is only as strong as its weakest link, for if that fails the chain fails and the object that it has been holding up falls to the ground.” – Thomas Reid, Philosopher
Funny Team Quotes
What better way to inspire your group than with funny team quotes?
- “Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs.” – Malcolm Forbes, Media Mogul
- “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” – Robert Orben, Writer & Comedian
- “You think it’s dumb when someone says there’s no ‘I’ in team, but you stick one in there and you see how dumb that looks.” – Brendan Kiely, Author
- “It’s better to have a hole in your team than an a**hole in your team!” – Dan Jacobs, Executive
- “Ninety per cent of the art of living consists of getting on with people you can’t stand.” – Samuel Goldwyn, Film Producer
- “On our own, we are marshmallows and dried spaghetti, but together we can become something bigger.” – C.B. Cook, Author
- “If two men on the same job agree all the time, then one is useless. If they disagree all the time, both are useless.” – Darryl F. Zanuck, Film Producer
Sports Team Quotes
Most sports are such a great example of teamwork and collaboration. Below are some of our favorite sports team quotes.
- “Gettin’ good players is easy. Gettin’ ’em to play together is the hard part.” – Casey Stengel, Baseball Manager
- “One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Basketball Player
- “The strength of the team is each member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson, Basketball Player
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth, Baseball Legend
- “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” – Mike Krzyzewski, Basketball Coach
- “I’ve never scored a goal in my life without getting a pass from someone else.” – Abby Wambach, Soccer Player
- “Anyone who imagines they can work alone winds up surrounded by nothing but rivals, without companions. The fact is, no one ascends alone.” – Lance Armstrong, Tour de France Champion
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. – Michael Jordan, Basketball Legend
- “No individual can win a game by himself.” – Pelé, Soccer Star
Quotes about Teamwork and Respect
You can’t have a great workplace without teamwork and respect.
- “He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.” – Aristotle, Philosopher
- “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skill of the others.” – Norman Shidle, Author
- “Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they’re doing it because they care about the team.” – Patrick Lencioni, Author
- “After mutual respect and understanding are achieved, it is possible to establish real, sincere relationships, which is the foundation of a solid long-term collaboration.” – Ron Garan, Astronaut
- “It’s very dramatic when two people come together to work something out. It’s easy to take a gun and annihilate your opposition, but what is really exciting to me is to see people with differing views come together and finally respect each other.” – Fred Rogers, Children’s Entertainer
Teamwork Quotes for the Office
Inspire your coworkers with these great teamwork quotes for the office.
- “Hire people who are better than you are, then leave them to get on with it. Look for people who will aim for the remarkable, who will not settle for the routine.” – David Ogilvy, Advertising Mogul
- “I’ve always found that the speed of the boss is the speed of the team.” – Lee Iacocca, CEO
- “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs, Founder
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry S Truman, President
- “The greatest danger a team faces isn’t that it won’t become successful, but that it will, and then cease to improve.” – Mark Sanborn, Author
- “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” – Martin Luther King Jr., Civil Rights Leader
Happy Team Quotes
A happy team is a productive team! Here are our favorite happy team quotes.
- “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott, Author
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington, Educator & Activist
- “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napoleon Hill, Author
- “It’s better to have a great team than a team of greats.” – Simon Sinek, Author
- “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart, Author
- “The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” – Margaret Carty, Politician
- “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro, Writer
Team Communication Quotes
Your team has to communicate well to be successful.
- “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.” – Mark Sanborn, Author
- “As a leader, it’s your job to get everyone to share what they know.” – Jane Ripley, Author
- “Communicate in a respectful manner – don’t just tell your team members what you want, but explain to them why.” – Jeffrey Morales, CEO
- “The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.” – Peter Drucker , Consultant
- “Communication works for those who work at it.” – John Powell, Film Composer
- “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” – Anthony Robbins, Motivational Coach
- “The art of communication is the language of leadership.” – James Humes, Speechwriter
- “We are stronger when we listen, and smarter when we share.” – Rania Al-Abdullah, Queen of Jordan
Team Motivation Quotes
Motivation breeds productivity, which breeds results. Here are some top team motivation quotes.
- “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Writer
- “Good leadership consists of showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” – John D Rockefeller, Industrialist
- “If you try and lose then it isn’t your fault. But if you don’t try and we lose, then it’s all your fault.” – Orson Scott Card, Author
- “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” – Henry Ford, Industrialist
- “United you will be more than a match for your enemies. But if you quarrel and separate, your weakness will put you at the mercy of those who attack you.” – Aesop, Writer
- “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” – Rosalynn Carter, First Lady
Sharing team building quotes is a great way to build connections and engagement with your team.
Next, check out our list of inspirational quotes for work to take it to the next level.
And we’ve qot Boss appreciation quotes too.
FAQ: Team building quotes
Here are answers to the most common questions about team building quotes.
What are team building quotes?
Good team building quotes inspire teams to work together more effectively. These quotes are thought-provoking, inspirational, and practical. Sharing powerful or unusual team building quotes can prompt discussion and drive.
What are some good quotes about team building?
Some good quotes about team building include:
- No member of a crew is praised for the rugged individuality of his rowing. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people. – Steve Jobs
- Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success. – Henry Ford
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. – Booker T. Washington
What are the best collaboration quotes?
Some of the best collaboration quotes are:
- No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it. – H. E. Luccock
- Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work a company work, a society work, a civilization work. – Vince Lombardi
- Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there. – Virginia Burden
100% Online Team Building Activities
We run world class online team building events that remote teams love. Rated 5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐