We love icebreaker questions! These connection activities are a quick, fun, and easy way to do team building activities no matter where you are.
We start every meeting with a quick round of icebreaker questions. This activity sets the tone for the meeting, allows people to loosen up, and usually gets a number of laughs along the way. Icebreaker questions are a great way to kick off any meeting at your office, and excellent for remote team building too.
Our goal is to provide the best list of icebreaker questions in the world. You will find team building icebreaker questions for work, fun icebreakers, weird icebreakers, would you rather icebreaker questions, good icebreakers, and more.
- Great Icebreaker Questions
- Best Icebreaker Questions for Meetings
- Would You Rather Icebreaker Questions
- Weird Icebreaker Questions
- Funny Icebreaker Questions
Great Icebreaker Questions
- Would you rather be reincarnated as a cat or a dog?
- Pull out your phone; what’s your most used emoji?
- Who was your childhood famous crush?
- Imagine you’re a professional baseball player. What’s your introduction song?
- What celebrity do most people say you look like?
- If you could try any food, what would it be?
- What movie do you wish you could watch again for the first time?
- You can only eat one food again for the rest of your life. What is it?
- What’s your go-to karaoke anthem?
- What’s your favorite type of sandwich?
- Pick your favorite decade. Tell us why.
- You’re stranded on a remote desert island. Are you alone or with your worst enemy?
- What’s the best thing you’ve bought so far this year?
- Who’s your favorite Disney character?
- Do you prefer classic Disney movies (think The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast) or more current favorites (Frozen, Tangled, Brave)?
- What superpower would you most want?
- What dog breed would you be?
- Have you ever met your idol?
- Do you have a bucket list?
- What bucket list item do you most want to check off in the next six months?
- What is your favorite book genre to read?
- How about your favorite movie genre to watch?
- Imagine you can instantly learn any language. Which would you choose?
- Do you prefer big dogs or small dogs?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- What’s your favorite part of working from home?
- What’s your least favorite part of working from home?
- Who’s your favorite Disney villain?
- Favorite Disney hero or heroine?
- What’s one skill you have that helps you be successful working remotely?
- What’s one skill you want to learn to help you be successful working remotely?
- What’s your standard uniform when working remotely?
- Be honest, are you wearing pants during this meeting? (We only recommend starting your round of virtual icebreaker questions off with this question as a joke if your company culture is a good fit for the question! Be another one of our virtual icebreakers to actually use during your next meeting!)
- Show us your most-used emoji.
- Show us your phone background and tell the story behind why you’ve picked this image.
- Show us the weirdest thing you have in the room with you right now.
- What emoji best describes how you’re feeling right now?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- What are you drinking right now? If nothing, what was the last thing you drank?
- Are you more productive in the morning or at night?
Best Icebreaker Questions for Meetings
- There’s a lot of bad advice out there. What’s the worst piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- How about the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten at work?
- And the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten in your personal life?
- Have you accomplished the one thing you’d want to be remembered for when you die?
- What’s one thing that could happen to you that would make you leave your current job?
- Imagine you no longer have to work. How would you spend a Tuesday?
- What are your top three favorite phone apps?
- If you could live in any state, which state would you pick?
- If you could live in any country, which country would you pick?
- What person from history would you add to Mount Rushmore?
- What’s your go-to TV show to watch at night?
- Do you read, watch TV, or do something else to fall asleep?
- What’s your favorite mythical creature?
- What fictional family would you most like to join?
- Who was your favorite pet?
- If you could play any Olympic sport, which would it be?
- What was the worst job you ever had?
- Pick any band to play at your funeral.
- What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
- You can visit any fictional time or place. Which would you pick?
- What did you have for breakfast today?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- How much money would it take for you to give up your smartphone for a month?
- How about for a year?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- Have you checked anything off your bucket list?
- Do you know how to speak more than one language?
- Have you ever met your idol?
- Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
- What’s your favorite musical instrument?
- Tell us one thing we don’t know about you.
- Let’s play two truths and a lie.
Would You Rather Icebreaker Questions
- Would you rather go back in time or visit the future?
- Would you rather be able to teleport or fly?
- Would you rather drink coffee or tea?
- Would you rather watch TV or read a book?
- Would you rather have a pet lion, pet elephant, or pet whale?
- Would you rather medal in the Olympics or win a Pulitzer Prize?
- Would you rather have an appetizer or dessert?
- Would you rather go out for the night or stay home?
- Would you rather live without heat and AC or live without social media?
- Would you rather wake up early or stay up late?
- Would you rather have a dog or a cat?
- Would you rather live somewhere it’s always hot or somewhere it’s always cold?
- Would you rather live in the mountains or on the beach?
- Would you rather live under the sea or on the moon?
- Would you rather meet your descendants or your ancestors?
Weird Icebreaker Questions
- What’s the strangest food you ever tried?
- Would you eat it again?
- Show us your cell phone wallpaper. Is there a story behind it?
- If you could have any unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- How’d you get your worst scar?
- Would you let aliens beam you up if they came to Earth?
- What season would you be?
- Can you dance?
- Can you sing?
- What vegetable would you want to be?
- You’re the best criminal mastermind in the world. What crime would you commit if you knew you’d get away with it?
- If you could be any supernatural creature, which would you pick?
- What reality show would you want to be on?
- There’s a round-trip free shuttle to Mars. The catch: it’ll take one year of your life to go, visit, and come back. Are you in?
- Imagine you could teleport anywhere. Where would you go right now?
- Would you want to have a personal assistant follow you around everywhere and do what you asked of them?
Funny Icebreaker Questions
- Does your car have a name? What is it?
- Choose two-coworkers you’d want on your team during a zombie apocalypse.
- Choose two famous people from history you’d want on your team during a zombie apocalypse.
- What was the worst style or fashion trend you ever embraced?
- Tell us about your worst haircut ever.
- What fashion trend would you bring back?
- What food will you never eat?
- Would you go in the mother-ship with aliens if they landed on Earth tomorrow?
- What actor or actress would you want to play you in the movie about your life?
- Would you want to have an imaginary friend today? Did you have one as a child?
- What is your favorite knock-knock joke?
- Would you rather have a pet sloth or a pet parrot?
- Which trap in Home Alone was the best?
- Which movie made you laugh the most?
- Have you ever been to a comedy show?
- What is the best romantic comedy?
- Is Hugh Grant funny?
- What is the most obscure superpower you would want?
- Which superpower would you give to your arch enemy?
- How would you rate your laugh out of 10?
More icebreaker questions for work
Icebreakers are a fun and easy way to increase engagement at work. You can spend just five minutes on a few good icebreaker questions and learn a lot about your coworkers; it is worth it!
Check out these virtual team building icebreaker questions for more ideas.
I also recommend you make your own list of icebreaker questions. If you spend 10 minutes and jot some ideas down then you can create fun icebreaker questions that are a perfect match for your team’s style and interests.
written with 💖️ by Carly Hill
100% Virtual Team Building Activities
We run world class online team building events that remote teams love. Rated 5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐