You discovered our list of the best retirement wishes for coworkers.
Retirement wishes for coworkers are verbal or written farewell words to share with a retiring colleague. For example, “congratulations, and happy retirement.” The purpose of these sentiments is to celebrate, commend, and reassure the retiring coworker as they begin the next stage of their lives.
You can use these phrases as part of virtual retirement parties, retirement gifts, or online farewell parties. These sentiments are similar to work anniversary messages and employee appreciation quotes.
This article covers
- retirement wishes for a friend
- retirement messages for a boss
- retirement messages for coworkers
- retirement wishes for long time colleagues
- funny retirement wishes
- retirement wishes for a mentor
- retirement memes
Let’s get started!
Retirement wishes for a friend
- Buddy, your retirement came too early, and the workplace will never be the same. I will miss the moments we shared, especially the humor, chats, and the evening walks. I only hope that you will enjoy every single day of your retirement.
- I hope that this retirement gives you a better chance to bond with friends and family. Just don’t forget that we are friends that became family. Happy retirement!
- It is not easy to say goodbye. But, I will hold on to the fond memories of working with you. I hope that this retirement brings you joy and peace.
- Retirement is about spending less time with colleagues and more time relaxing with friends and family. I am glad that our friendship gives us the privilege to be together even after you retire. To more happy times!
- Friends never leave but live in the heart and mind. So this retirement is not a goodbye, but a see you soon. I will miss you, pal.
- I can’t believe I will be working as you nap. That’s not what friends do. Enjoy your retirement.
- Let’s clarify some matters before you go. It is you who is retiring and not our friendship. I still expect more visits, meet-ups, and golf games, as long as it is not on working time.
- Finally, the day to retire has come. Remember to schedule me in as you make plans for all the stuff we love doing together.
- Like every other colleague in the room, I am crying. But I don’t know if I am sad that you are leaving the office or if I am thrilled at the thought of having endless beer time with you.
- You won the retirement race first, but I still get to earn a salary. How about a weekend outing before you leave the city? All bills on me.
Retirement messages for a boss
- You have been a great boss, and I truly appreciate the effort you put into mentoring me. I hope that you enjoy your retirement, Boss.
- The workplace will not be the same. We will miss your guidance and humor. I hope that you won’t stop sharing your pieces of advice and funny jokes because the world needs them. Enjoy this lifetime rest.
- Retirement is a time of self-reflection. As you begin yours, I hope you realize how much of a blessing you have been to me. Happy relaxation, Sir.
- It is not every day that you get a boss who is also a great support. Thank you for the constant advice, discipline, and motivation which has helped me progress in my career. As you retire to be with the folks you love, I hope you experience a similar support system. Happy retirement.
- It is sad that we are partially parting ways, but I trust that your guidance is sufficient to keep me going. Enjoy your retirement, Ma’am.
- A leader will always be a leader, even in retirement. I wish you the best as you begin this new chapter of your life.
- You have left a good legacy of a commendable work ethic and excellent service. We hope that you will continue to impact society with your great enthusiasm.
- This retirement marks the end of a chapter. The words you have written in the story are powerful and encouraging. As you begin the next chapter, I wish you well. May your story be even more inspiring.
- You have completed a successful career. It is time for well-deserved rest and relaxation.
Retirement messages for coworkers
- You are now retired. So much fun lies ahead, and I hope you get to relish every part of the fun.
- I may seem happy to release you, but deep down in my heart, I wish you could stay longer. Enjoy your deserved retirement.
- As the wine gets finer with time, so are you. You are at your finest time to start this retirement life. Enjoy!
- Now you have all the time to catch up on sleep, hobbies, and vacations. Enjoy every part of your new life.
- You have always given the best in every project you do. How about putting that kind of effort in with nothing to do? Enjoy your retirement.
- Congratulations on your retirement. With a whole world of free time, now is the time to revisit your bucket list.
- You are one of the best colleagues I have worked with. How I wish I could still hold on to you. Happy retirement.
- Today you leave the office for a relaxing time with your family. I hope you get all the peace you desire.
- Congratulations, you are now free. No more meetings, no more deadlines, and no more bossy bosses. Enjoy your retirement.
Retirement wishes for long time colleagues
- Your career ride may have been a roller coaster. We have gone through tough times, but we have seen better days. Now look who made it first! Congratulations on your retirement.
- I have seen you rise through the career ranks, and I think this is the best promotion ever! Congratulations to the newest retiree in town.
- Congratulations on your retirement. You have worked so hard to earn this milestone. May this new journey refresh and strengthen you.
- I will miss you dearly. I look forward to keeping in touch with you as you proceed with your retirement.
- Retirement marks the end of a familiar phase and welcomes you to the new and exciting life you hope for. May you find joy in your retirement.
- As you begin this new life, I want you to remember that you are not too old to make new goals. Go for the things you want because you deserve them.
- Today you begin an endless holiday, and I am so excited for you. Wishing you the best of times.
- I hate saying goodbyes because they make me cry. Yet, I would rather your last memory of me be a happy face. Therefore, I am writing this message to present this retirement card with a smile. If you see my tears, know it is because of the sweet memories together. Chao!
- You have reached an incredible level of freedom. No more daily commutes and no more waking up so early. Can we trade places?
Funny retirement wishes
- You are a great employee, and your ability to deliver was amazing. I wonder whether your ability to relax will be equally awesome.
- Our department loses one chatty employee to retirement. I guess that means increased productivity, but also increased boredom. We shall surely miss you.
- Congratulations on retiring. Your perks include taking naps during work hours and staying at home on weekdays. Enjoy this endless freedom.
- We did not bargain for your retirement, buddy. Who’s going to cover up for me when you leave?
- Though we are reluctant to let go of you, one positive thing comes with your retirement. You will do no work, yet you won’t have to sweat over missed deadlines! Happy resting.
- You have been doing one job tremendously well lately– brightening the office mood with your interesting encounters. Methinks you should write a book on your adventures, especially now when you have all the time!
- The good thing about retirement is that you become your own boss. What’s more, you don’t need to deal with employee issues. So, enjoy!
- Retirement means accessing your life savings without being judged. May you find fulfillment in whatever you invest your time, money, and energy in.
- As you pack your stuff to go home, please carry as much enthusiasm as possible! It is not easy having no work to do all day, all year. Enjoy your long rest.
- You always kept us on our toes and encouraged us to give our best, boss. I doubt we can do as much without the pressure.
- Goodbye to the coats and ties. You are all officially retired!
- Welcome to retirement life, where you set the alarm to schedule sleep, and your work is to rest.
Retirement wishes for a mentor
- You’re the one that welcomed me and helped me find a footing in the department. You have since been my mentor, and I cherish you a lot. It is hard to say goodbye, but you deserve this retirement. Enjoy every bit of it.
- You are such a gem! I will be forever grateful for the great work relationship I have had with you. You have challenged me and helped me to grow professionally. I just didn’t realize that so much time had passed and that you will soon leave. I hope you enjoy this much-deserved rest.
- May your retirement life be as remarkable as your efforts in mentoring me have been. Best wishes!
- Your dedication to the company is unrivaled. I have personally benefited from your coaching and mentorship. I hope you enjoy your retirement life.
- You have put so much effort into your work, and we really appreciate it. We will miss you, but you deserve this lifetime rest.
- If today I met you for the first time, I would not tell that you are retiring. I admire your zeal for inspiring and mentoring me to grow, and I hope you will spend that enthusiasm on the things you love to do. Happy retirement.
- You welcomed me with a smile when I first entered this office. Since then, you have been my cheering squad, mentor, and friend. Thank you for all the encouragement and support. As you retire today, I wish you the very best. You will always be welcome in my life. Have a joyous retirement.
Short retirement wishes
- Your retirement just began. Live it, love it.
- Goodbye to all the pressure, welcome the endless leisure.
- Congratulations on your retirement. Let us keep in touch.
- I hope you enjoy the life ahead. Happy retirement.
- Here comes a lifetime of weekends, enjoy!
- Congratulations and happy retirement.
- Congratulations on earning this retirement. Wishing you happy times.
- We were so lucky to have you. Now it is your family’s turn.
- Dear world, here comes the most warm-hearted retiree ever. Be kind to her.
- May this new chapter bring you immeasurable joy, peace, love, and fulfillment.
- Congrats! May this retirement be the best part of your life.
- Finally, you have earned your retirement! You now have time for all your hobbies.
- Sending good thoughts your way as you retire today.
- May your dreams come true as you begin your retirement.
Helpful tips on writing retirement messages
Crafting a befitting retirement message may be tricky. These tips will guide you to write a memorable message.
1. Congratulate the retiree
Whether the retiree is going for early retirement or has worked up to the official retirement, they deserve to be celebrated. Working involves a lot of sacrifices, commitment, and the ability to handle disappointment. Therefore, adding a simple congratulatory message is a sufficient sentiment. For example, “congratulations on your retirement!”
2. Highlight the retiree’s achievements
Every employee prides on their achievements. Commending the retiree’s accomplishments is an effective way to show them their value and contribution to the organization.
3. Mirror the retiree’s feelings about the retirement
Some retirees are very excited about retirement, while others have a much harder time coping with the thought of leaving employment. Understanding what the retiree feels should guide your choice of words. For example, focus on congratulating the excited retiree and reassuring the unenthusiastic retiree.
4. Be sincere with the message
The work environment may present situations where employees disagree. You and the retiree may have differed on project execution, principles, or ideologies. However, it is a good idea to sincerely acknowledge the retiree’s good deeds when crafting the retirement message.
5. Use humor appropriately
Humor leaves a lasting good feeling and makes your message more memorable to the retiree. If you and the retiree were very close and understand the retiree well, then put a bright smile on their face with good humor.
However, beware that some jokes are unwelcome. Here are situations to limit humor.
- When you are unfamiliar with the retiree
- When you know that the retiree has a poor sense of humor
- When using sensitive jokes such as getting older, becoming fragile, and approaching death.
Being cautious in these situations and using humor sparingly can prevent your message from going in an unwanted direction.
6. Highlight some special memories
Though retirement is a parting time, mentioning memorable moments in a retirement message enhances bonds with retirees. It is a good idea to highlight what you will remember about the retiring employee. For example, “I shall miss your hilarious stories.”
Retirement wishes are is a special way to say farewell to the retiring colleague. When written thoughtfully, retirement sentiments delight the retiree. Therefore, personalizing the message makes the wishes authentic and sincere. Some effective ways to craft a good message include, thanking, congratulating, leaving a good wish, and reminding the retiree of the good times together.