You found our list of Christmas trivia questions and answers.
Christmas trivia is a game that includes fun facts about the Christmas holiday. These questions can range from the origins of the holiday to common holiday traditions. The purpose of these questions is to delight and engage participants and holiday events, as well as provide learning opportunities.
This list includes:
- Christmas trivia with answers
- Christmas questions
- December trivia questions and answers
Let’s get started!
List of trivia questions for Christmas parties
From the origins of Elf on the Shelf to the highest grossing Christmas movie of all time, here is a list of the best Christmas trivia questions to check your team’s knowledge.
- Q. What was the first Christmas movie ever made? A. Santa Claus (1898).
- Q. Where was the original St. Nicholas from? St. Nicholas was born sometime around 280 A.D. in what is now modern-day Turkey.
- Q. What ad campaign popularized Santa’s red suit? A. Coca-Cola’s 1931 ad campaign, as drawn by Haddon Sundblom.
- Q. Christmas took the place of which pagan holiday? A. Yule or Yuletide.
- Q. How many packages does USPS deliver during the Christmas season? A. 28 million packages per day between Dec.16-21, with an average of 20.5 million packages per day through the remainder of the year.
- Q. Who came up with the Elf on the Shelf? A. Carol Aebersold and her daughters, Chanda Bell and Christa Pitts.
- Q. What are the origins of the advent calendar tradition? A. Advent calendars date back to the mid-19th century. At that time, these calendars consisted of chalk marks on doors or lit candles, and were used by German Protestants to count the days leading up to Christmas.
- Q. When is National Candy Cane Day? A. December 26th.
- Q. What is the highest grossing Christmas movie of all time? A. Home Alone (1990).
- Q. What is the most recorded Christmas song? A. “Silent Night.”
- Q. What is the best-selling Christmas song? A. “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby.
- Q. Who popularized the Christmas tree tradition? A. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
- Q. What is the earliest mention of Christmas stockings? A. In 1823, stockings were mentioned in the famous poem, “Twas the Night Before Christmas.”
- Q. When do the earliest gingerbread cookie recipes date back to? A. 2,400 B.C.
- Q. Who popularized the modern-day gingerbread cookie? A. Queen Elizabeth I.
- Q. What does the word “noel” mean in its original language? A. “Nöel” means “birthday” or “relating to birth” in French.
- Q. When do Armenian people celebrate Christmas? A. January 6th.
- Q. How many ghosts appear in A Christmas Carol? A. Four ghosts.
- Q. What do people traditionally place at the top of Christmas trees? A. An angel ornament.
- Q. When and where was eggnog invented? A. 13th century Britain.
- Q. What country is Krampus from? A. Austria.
- Q. How many characters did Tom Hanks play in The Polar Express (2004)? A. Six roles.
- Q. What characters symbolizing Christmas or winter appear in the main cast of Rise of the Guardians (2012)? A. Jack Frost and St. Nicholas.
- Q. What are the origins of the word and idea of “Christmukkah”? A. The O.C.
- Q. What are the three traditional colors of Christmas? A. Red, green, and gold.
- Q. What do many Japanese people eat for Christmas? A. KFC fried chicken.
- Q. When and where were Christmas cards first sold? A. London, 1843.
While Christmas may be one of the most celebrated holidays in the United States, do not be surprised if many of your colleagues are unable to answer these Christmas trivia questions. However, the fun part of participating in Christmas trivia is learning new facts about how countries around the world celebrate the holiday, as well as the traditions you know and love.
P.S: Press "CTRL + D" or "Command + D" to bookmark this page - we update it often.
Share this article:
100% Online Team Building Activities
We run world class online team building events that remote teams love. Rated 5 Stars.