You found our guide to holiday messages for employees.
Holiday messages are short quotes, where people wish happiness or luck upon others. Employees generally issue these messages before certain festivities as a courtesy or to let recipients know that you care about them. Depending on who the recipient is, your holiday message may be more formal or casual in tone.
This guide includes:
- holiday greetings for business
- holiday wishes quotes
- inspirational holiday messages
Let’s get into it!
Holiday announcement email to employees sample
When the holidays roll around, many companies decide to hold holiday parties to celebrate with employees. However, announcing such a party requires releasing pertinent information, such as when, where, and additional details, such as dress code and expected activities. Doing so helps employees understand the event and manage their expectations.
Here is a sample holiday announcement email to employees:
Seasons greetings, team!
As you may have noticed, the holiday season is around the corner. We hope that you and your family are safe and in happy holiday spirits!
To thank you for a wonderful year of hard work, the company is holding a virtual holiday party via Zoom on Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 8pm EST. Please dress in your best ugly sweater, so everyone gets into a festive mood. We hope that our valuable team members from around the world will clear out some time in their busy schedules to come celebrate with us.
As part of the festivities, the company will reimburse all employees the price of two drinks during the party. Please submit your drink expenses using this form to People Operations by Wednesday, December 30th. In addition, People Operations has planned a fun night full of games, challenges, and cocktail lessons that are sure to get you excited for the holidays.
Thank you again for being the best team one could ask for. Your energy and persistence has driven our company to new heights, and we greatly appreciate it.
Holiday message to employees
As CEO of a company, it is customary to send out organization-wide holiday wishes to all employees. If you are feeling stumped on what to say, check out these warm holiday greetings that you can send to your team.
- Thank you for a great year, team! Happy holidays!
- Wishing you and your family a happy and safe holiday season!
- As we look towards the next year, let’s take a moment to send a happy holiday Slack message to a colleague you are grateful for by the end of today if you can!
- Thank you for making this holiday season one of the warmest yet. Here’s to 2021!
- Your team’s hard work has been a shining light this holiday season. Sending you warm wishes!
- We are all in this together! Happy holidays to you and your family.
- Happy holidays! May you reach your goals and dreams in 2021.
- Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! May your holiday season be filled with warmth and everlasting joy.
- To the best team a CEO could have: Thank you, and happy holidays!
- During this special time of the year, we want to make sure you know how much we appreciate you. Hope your holiday season is full of health and happiness!
Holiday message to colleagues
During the holidays, you may also want to send holiday greetings to colleagues who are on the same team as you. In this situation, your message can be more casual and include inside jokes, depending on how close you are to your coworkers. Take a look at these holiday messages to colleagues.
- Happy holidays! It’s been a pleasure working alongside you this year.
- Thank you for everything! Hope you and your family have a fantastic holiday season.
- I do not get along with everyone, but I love working with you. Happy holidays!
- Thank you for working so hard this year. Remember to take a break this holiday season!
- Working with you has been a great learning experience. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
- Having coworkers like you makes every workday a holiday. Happy holidays!
- Being part of this team has been a life changing experience. Thank you, and happy holidays!
- May the holidays keep you in happy spirits, teammate! Looking forward to working with you next year.
- Having a team you love makes all the difference. Happy holidays, everyone!
- Thank you for the great times. Hope you have a warm and joyful holiday season!
Holiday message to your boss
Writing a holiday message to your boss requires a balance of professionalism and warmth. While you may want to wish your boss happy holidays, reaching out may be daunting if you do not know what to say. Try one of these holiday messages that are sure to touch your boss’s heart.
- Happy holidays! Thank you for being a wonderful manager!
- Thank you for your guidance and mentorship this past year. Have a happy holiday season!
- To the best manager one could have: Your leadership has been both inspiring to watch and instrumental in shepherding the team towards fulfilling company goals. Happy holidays!
- I’m so happy that I’ve been able to work and learn alongside you. Wishing you all the best during the holidays!
- Wishing you and your family happiness this holiday season!
- Looking forward to an even better next year. Happy holidays!
- Happy holidays! Thank you for creating an environment that is a joy to work in.
- Learning from you in the gift that never stops giving. Happy holidays!
- Your vision and leadership are invaluable. Wishing you a holiday season full of joy and happiness!
- You are the rare boss, who is both a great leader and a great friend. Hope you can take some time to relax this holiday season.
Holiday message to clients
If you work with regular clients, then you may want to send holiday messages to clients to help maintain these important relationships. Reminding clients that you are there for them through these brief messages can go a long way to creating goodwill with these pivotal connections.
- Thank you for being part of our family. Happy holidays!
- From our family to yours, wishing you a joyful and warm holiday season!
- We appreciate you continuing to choose us. Here’s to a wonderful next year, too!
- We love working with you. Hoping you have a fantastic holiday season with plenty of festivities!
- Making the dream work requires clients like you who believe in us. Happy holidays!
- We appreciate your business. May you have a happy holiday season!
- Thank you for believing in us. Let’s look forward to an even better new year. Happy holidays!
- A big thank you for helping us reach new heights this year. Wishing you a warm holiday greeting!
- Thank you for choosing us! Happy holidays to you and your family.
- We value every customer. Happy holidays, and thank you for choosing us!
The holidays are a time for warm wishes and for expressing gratitude for a great year gone by. While holiday messages may not take a lot of time to write, they are a great way to show you care and bring people closer, whether the recipient is your employee, colleague, or boss.
Next, check out our list of motivational quotes for employees.
We also have an epic list of employee gift ideas.
FAQ: Holiday Messages
Here are some of the common questions and answers about holiday messages to employees.
What are holiday messages?
Holiday messages are short phrases, where people wish happiness, joy and cheer to others. At certain times of year like Christmas and Thanksgiving, employers and employees send these messages to let recipients know they care. Depending on the recipient, your holiday message may be more formal or casual in tone.
What makes a holiday message effective?
The best holiday messages are short, cheerful and specific. Try to include the person’s name, as well as a memory from the holiday season or year.
When should you send a holiday message?
Since holidays occur throughout the year, there is no one ideal time to send a message. For the winter holidays, we recommending sending your well wishes early in December. In general, if you can send your message before people get busy with the holiday, then it will have a larger impact.
P.S: Press "CTRL + D" or "Command + D" to bookmark this page - we update it often.
Share this article:
100% Online Team Building Activities
We run world class online team building events that remote teams love. Rated 5 Stars.